Bimonthly Small Group Meetings
Time/Location is TBA Below
What is a Next Gen PAG?
Bimonthly small group of 6-10 members comprised of family members involved in their family business. The Next Gen PAG will commit to meeting together for two hours to provide deeper support to one another and to engage in personal learning and application of best practices. Generally, members of the same family will NOT be in the same PAG.
Next Gen PAG’s will be structured according to three pillars:
- Support & Fellowship – providing a consistent group of peers (Next Generation stage – 20’s – 40’s) who are willing to be vulnerable about the challenges they face in their family businesses and to participate in building a trusting support group.
- Development & Accountability – providing opportunities for members to grow in self-awareness, family business career goals, and mutually offer encouragement and accountability to one another to develop and achieve their goals.
- Family Business Education – providing members with Family Business best practices, discussing practical applications, and promoting discernment of how members can positively impact their family businesses.
Sample Topics for Next Gen PAG’s:
- Working with your personality type and the personality types of others – Myers-Briggs Individual and Team Analysis
- Building Cohesive Families and Long-Term Visions for Family Business
- Understanding Self (Bright Side, Dark Side and Inside)
- Genograms – appreciating your family story and how that story impacts business
- Life Stages and the Transitions/Challenges that go with them
- Setting Priorities
- Leadership Competencies
- Communication Ground Rules
- Conflict Resolution – reducing harmful reactions and avoidance
- Family Business Governance – Digging Deeper into the Three Spheres of Family Business
- Family Councils
- Family Business Constitution Development
- EOS primer
- Other Topics to be determined by the PAG
Next Gen PAG 2020 Schedule of Meetings
January 30th – Next Gen 2020 Kick-Off
- 4-7pm at St. Kilda Café (Temple location, 1013 Locust St, Des Moines)
- Appetizers and drinks included!
- Introduction to VQ Consult, an overview of Track 1 & 2 opportunities, Next Gen group introductions (including name tags)
- Family Business Governance 101: We are eager to assist in promoting sanity and strategy in the midst of potential chaos and confusion in Family Business. We would present on the FB Venn Diagram (family, business, ownership dynamics) and high-level family business governance development education. Also time for Q & A/Discussion. What else would you like to learn about as part of Next Gen 2020?
- Time to Network and Mingle until 7pm
PAG (Peer Advisory Group - Track 2) Dates for the Year:
February 28th, April 17th, June 19th, August 21st, October 23rd, & December 18th
Generally aiming for the 3rd Friday of the month, but third week of February doesn’t work well on our end. We will start by meeting in the private room at Twisted Bean Coffee Shop in Urbandale, however we may switch up the meeting venue depending on desires of the PAGs. So far, two solid groups are forming (6-8 members each), one for Friday morning (9-11am) and one for Friday afternoon (1-3pm).
Fees cover VQ Consult in setting up (email preparation, coordinating topics/trainings and other logistics), facilitating meetings with Next Gen PAG members, preparation for trainings, and member communication as needed between sessions. Additional individual coaching or family business consulting is $250/hour.