Details TBA Below
Track 1 will include 6 events per year, where you will hear from leaders of successful family businesses at either their on-site headquarters or a third party site, learn family business governance best practices, and building relationships with other Next Gen professionals involved in family business in Central Iowa.
- Hear the story of how the business came to be
- Learn how business succession was/is handled and managed effectively (or, candidly, ineffectively)
- Enjoy food and fellowship during each event
- One event per year will be purely a Next Gen Social Event
- We have the Sukup, Vermeer & Riley families willing to host and present this year. We would LOVE suggestions and offerings from other family businesses for 2020 and 2021. VQ Consult will do all of the coordination to make the event enjoyable for all!
Next Gen 2020 Schedule of Meetings
January 30th – Next Gen 2020 Kick-Off
- 4-7pm at St. Kilda Café (Temple location, 1013 Locust St, Des Moines)
- Appetizers and drinks included!
- Introduction to VQ Consult, an overview of Track 1 & 2 opportunities, Next Gen group introductions (including name tags)
- Family Business Governance 101: We are eager to assist in promoting sanity and strategy in the midst of potential chaos and confusion in Family Business. We would present on the FB Venn Diagram (family, business, ownership dynamics) and high-level family business governance development education. Also time for Q & A/Discussion. What else would you like to learn about as part of Next Gen 2020?
- Time to Network and Mingle until 7pm
March 5th – Sukup Manufacturing Co., in Sheffield from 11am - 4pm with OPTIONAL dinner in Clear Lake at K & B Emporium (family restaurant) from 5-7pm
- Tour from 11-12:30pm (with 15 minute cushion on each book end for arrival and instructions).
- Lunch - history of the company presentation.
- Steve Story
- Q & A
- THEN: 5-7pm, Optional Wine Cellar or Dinner Event in Clear Lake that evening at K & B Emporium (with Krause Vietti wines featured of course) if anyone is interested as well. (Steve Sukup - G2 & Emily Schmitt - G3)
May 26th – Vermeer Corporation (in Pella) from 4-6pm with OPTIONAL dinner at Liberty Street Kitchen after 6-8pm.
- Vermeer Corporation, 4-6pm
- Bob Vermeer (G2); Jason Andringa, Mindi Vanden Bosch, Heidi Vermeer-Quist, Chad Quist, Allison Van Wyngarden and Derek De Haan (G3)
July TBD - Family Business & Politics...invite the candidates and ask your questions
September TBD – Potential Family Business Visit with Riley Resource Group (Feed Energy) with Bob and Joe Riley
November TBD – Next Gen Social (just fun!)
Fees will cover costs included for facilities, food, drink, time and labor involved in running these events.$250.00