Monarch to Mentor and the Rising Generation
The purpose of this Thriving Families Training Conference is to help your family to thrive for multiple generations. It is a sad historical fact that anywhere you look around the world, families that thrive across generations are the exception to the rule. It has been that way for centuries. History, studies, and our own experiences point to the same inescapable conclusion: 90% of all families will fail to keep the family’s wealth and its unity together for three or more generations.
At this conference we will hold an important combined event to address that problem. It is called “Monarch to Mentor AND the Rising Generation.” It is presented for both parents/grandparents who are leaving the inheritance ALONG WITH the adult children being handed or buying into that inheritance.
One truth about all families is that, no matter how prepared you may be, the 'torch' is going to be passed from your generation to the next generation(s). At this Conference we will provide specific tools, training, support, and strategies designed to help you confidently pass that torch by the handle, rather than by the flame.
The focus of this conference is simple: What must families do to communicate and prepare the next generation for the inheritances (both financial and emotional) they will receive We want to help you create a foundation that will allow your family to manage and grow your family’s financial wealth, build unity and produce harmony for multiple generations.
CONFERENCE TOPICS INCLUDE:
Passing AND receiving the torch by the handle rather than the flame. Being prepared for the transfers of responsibility and wealth.
- Knowing the family story and life lessonsBuilding a Collaborative Team of Advisors and Engaged Family Members
- Building a Collaborative Team of Advisors and Engaged Family Members
- Discussing your family culture and the values that are necessary for it to survive and thrive for multiple generations.
Building the business of being a healthy family (which is separate from the family business, though it certainly impacts and influences family business culture)
- Identifying your family’s common purpose
- Creating and regularly revisiting your Family Purpose Statement
- Building and maintaining effective Family Governance
Building a culture and process for effective communication and trust in your family that will last for generations.
- Demonstrating and practicing helpful communication tools
- Encouraging accountability amongst siblings and cousins
- Addressing the "undiscussables"
- Developing and accepting leadership in your family
- Family philanthropy vs. individual philanthropy from the family fund
- Impact philanthropy (and investing)
Heidi-Vermeer Quist, Psy.D
Chad Quist, PA-C, MBA
Lori Coonen, CFP, HDP
Wayne Johnson, CFP, HDP, MBA
Johnne Syverson, CFP, HDP, MSFS
DATE: Friday, November 6 and Saturday, November 7, 2020
TIMES: Program begins at 1:00 p.m. on Friday and adjourns at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday
(Includes Friday dinner and Saturday continental breakfast and lunch)
LOCATION: Renaissance Des Moines Savery Hotel, 401 Locust St., Des Moines, IA, 50309
ACCOMMODATION: Hotel reservations for overnight stay can be made directly with the Savery: (515) 224-2151. There is no room block reserved for this event.
The maximum attendance at this event will be 42 people. The training will feature 7 tables of 4-6 people per table, with a professional facilitator at each table. The name tags/table tents used will have first names only, so you can maintain anonymity if you would like. We will adhere to all social distancing guidelines.
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION: $995 for the first person and $495 for each spouse and each additional family member prior to August 31, 2020. Couples are strongly encouraged to attend together. Registration after August 31st is $1,395 for the first registrant and $695 for additional family members.
Learn more at www.thrivingfamiliesconference.com.
The Heritage Institute and VQ Consult
LOCALLY ENDORSED BY:
Vermeer Charitable Foundation
Heartland Christian Counseling
Faith At Work
- First Family Member$995$9950$0
- Additional Family Members$495$4950$0